What types of braces are available at Amazing Smiles?
At Amazing Smiles Orthodontics, we provide a full range of braces, from standard stainless steel braces to self-ligating braces and many types and kinds of braces in between. Below are some of the best braces options that are offered at Amazing Smiles:
- Standard Metal Braces: Standard metal braces refer to the most commonly-seen style of braces, made of small stainless steel brackets applied directly to the front of your teeth. These kinds of braces are adjusted using a small wired that connects to each bracket. Your orthodontist at Amazing Smiles applies these kinds of braces using a dental adhesive, which is carefully attached to your teeth without damaging the tooth or enamel.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces, sometimes called clear braces, are similar to standard metal braces but are made from a material that matches your tooth color. These perform the same function as standard metal braces but give the look of less metal, which is sometimes more appealing to our patients.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign®is a popular and comfortable alternative to traditional or ceramic braces. Invisalign® are a removable set of retainers that slowly adjust your teeth over time without the use of a metal wire. Invisalign® gets its name because the retainers are almost entirely invisible when you wear them, and can tackle many of the same dental issues that traditional braces correct. Invisalign® retainers are typically changed every two weeks.
- Damon® Braces: When cases are more challenging, our orthodontists at Amazing Smiles can offer you Damon®braces, a state-of-the-art dental option for patients seeking an additional alternative to traditional braces. Damon® braces are more comfortable for patients than metal braces and do not need as many adjustments/visits with your orthodontist.
- Lingual Braces: Incognito lingual braces are a newer kind of braces that are almost the same as traditional metal braces, but instead of attaching brackets to the front of your tooth, your orthodontist secures them to the back of each tooth. This makes your braces much less noticeable and allows your smile to look natural throughout your time using braces.
- Self-Ligating Braces: Self-ligating braces are similar to conventional braces but they do not have bands or ties and instead use a small slide mechanism to hold the wire in place. This helps to reduce the amount of pressure applied to the teeth while also creating the appearance of less metal.
How will you know which braces are right for you?
During an appointment with one of our orthodontists, we will go over even more detail about your braces options. We’ll weigh the pros and cons of each treatment modality with you and decide together which option is right for you before moving forward. You and your orthodontist will likely consider the following when deciding between different braces choices:
- Personal preference– You’ll decide whether you want a removable retainer, braces with color, less noticeable braces, etc.
- Dental health needs– Some types of braces are better than others at addressing certain dental problems, such as gaps or overbites.
- Budget– Some braces options are more expensive than others. Speak with our staff to discover different payment options and accepted insurance providers before making your decision.
To learn more about types of braces, speak with one of our providers at Amazing Smiles. For over thirty years, our practice has provided the highest quality of affordable dental care to patients in Forest Hills, Brooklyn, Long Island, and the surrounding areas. We are the go-to specialists for orthodontic care, recommended by dentists all over the New York City area. Call us today at 718-275-3200 or schedule an appointment using this form.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GETTING A
LASTING SMILE AND CALL US TODAY