First off, what are bracket braces? Well, brackets on their own consist of the small metal or ceramic modules attached to each tooth. They serve as guides to move the teeth and hold the wires.
First off, what are bracket braces? Well, brackets on their own consist of the small metal or ceramic modules attached to each tooth. They serve as guides to move the teeth and hold the wires. They act like handles that allow the braces to grab onto the teeth to move them. They are bonded directly to the enamel of the tooth with a special adhesive. Brackets are made of stainless steel.
THE PROS OF BRACKET BRACES
- Reliability: metal braces are incredibly reliable. The success of treatment doesn’t depend on the patient remembering to put their braces back in or wear their braces for a certain number of hours per day. This is a fixed braces option, which offers guaranteed results. Once your orthodontist has secured the braces, your braces will do all the hard work for you.
- Versatility: metal bracket braces are ideally suited to almost any orthodontic patient. This type of brace can achieve a lot of movement, making it an excellent option for those with more complex needs, as well as individuals with minor or moderate issues. Some braces, for example, removable aligners, are better suited to mild problems.
- Simplicity: with metal braces, you can enjoy a straightforward and hassle-free treatment process. Once your braces are in place, you don’t need to worry about swapping aligners over and remembering to take them out and put them back in. You’ll wear the same brace for the duration of your treatment.
- Cost: budget is a factor for many orthodontic patients. At Smiles Orthodontics, we offer treatment options to suit all patients, and we can make recommendations based on your budget. Metal braces are a cost-effective solution, which may appeal to those who don’t want to consider more expensive options.
- Customization: many patients choose to retain the traditional aesthetic when opting for metal braces, but there is an option to customize your braces and make things a little more fun using colored bands. This is a popular option for younger patients.
- More Care: Patients will experience greater care that will be required to maintain a “clean” appearance.
- Staining: At times brackets may stain easily.
- Adjustment Period: With brackets, while a patient has braces, they’ll need to visit the orthodontist for an adjustment every 6 to 8 weeks. A patient’s orthodontist will check to make sure that they are maintaining their oral health and taking care of their braces well.
- Chewing Ice: Chewing ice can break off the brackets because of how tough the chewing experience can be. It creates too much strain.
- Avoid this food: Have to avoid any sticky, chewy, or hard foods.
ORTHODONTIC CARE IS AVAILABLE IN THESE LOCATIONS
Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone and if anyone is needing to visit our orthodontic care center, visit Amazing Smiles Orthodontist with convenient locations in Cedarhurst, Brooklyn, and Queens, NY. Amazing Smiles honors payment plans such as payment installments, insurance, flexible spending programs, and third-party financing.