Braces can come in a world of different colors and that means each year a new popular color surfaces as the favorite for that year. The most popular colors of braces bands are shades of pink, orange red, green, blue, yellow, and purple. Your orthodontist can help you pick the right colors for you. Choose best braces colors for boys and best color for braces girl.
Here are some suggestions when choosing which colored braces will fit a patient:
- Pick a color at random to experiment: Pick a color that you would like to try out! Or choose more than one color, like a rainbow!
- Match favorite outfits: Take a look at what colors appear most in your closet and then pick a braces color that best complements your style! To play it safe you can pick a neutral color that closely matches your teeth, so it can go with any outfit or occasion.
- Favorite time of year (season or holidays): Patrick’s Day, Fourth of July, Christmas, etc. Its fun to have your braces match upcoming holidays. Also, your braces color could bring a stylish look to any special occasions like weddings and graduations.
- Favorite colors: Put your favorite colors on display with your braces!
- Colors that complement your eyes or features: Green bands on braces would best complement brown eyes. Blue, pink, and lilac complement blue eyes; while purple, red, green, and orange intensify green eyes.
- Clear is an option! – If you don’t want to make a statement with your braces, Invisalign clear aligners may be the right choice for you. Ask Dr. Murray if he thinks clear braces would be a good fit.
AT WHAT AGE CAN CHILDREN HAVE ORTHODONTIC BRACES?
Although braces can straighten teeth at any age, they are usually more effective on children whose bones are still growing and forming. Treatment often begins once most adult teeth have come through, so around age 10-14.
However, some children start treatment as early as age 7 or 8 if there is a medical reason to do so. A lot depends on the type of problem they have and how their adult teeth are coming through. As a matter of fact, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends that a child should receive their first consultation at the age of 7.
Early treatment can help:
- Guide growth of the jaw bone
- Move teeth into the correct position as they emerge
- Reduce the risk of injury to prominent teeth
- Make space for teeth coming through
- Lower the chances of teeth becoming impacted under gums
- Improve facial esthetics
TYPES OF BRACES FOR KIDS
The types of braces available for children are much the same as those used for adult orthodontics, although some have special features for kids.
CERAMIC (CLEAR AND TOOTH-COLORED)
These braces function in much the same way as metal ones, but the materials used make them less noticeable. The ceramic clear brackets come in a clear or tooth-colored material so they blend in better with the teeth. The wire is still usually metal, although it can have a tooth-colored coating.
The materials used in these braces mean they usually cost more than metal, but they could be a good choice for children who are feeling very self-conscious about their orthodontic treatment.
Lingual braces use metal brackets and wires but are tucked out of sight behind the teeth, next to the tongue. This positioning makes it very hard to spot them, so they are another good choice for children who are afraid of being bullied because of their braces.
Another benefit is that any staining which occurs as a result of poor oral hygiene will be hidden on the back of the teeth.
However, treatment with lingual braces typically takes longer than with those attached to the front of teeth. They are also generally the most expensive option and aren’t suitable for children with particularly small teeth.
METAL & INVISALIGN
These two can be options for children as well, but it will be up to the orthodontist and the parents when it comes to which braces will be the best option of all choices.
ORTHODONTIC CARE IS AVAILABLE IN THESE LOCATIONS
If anyone is needing to visit our orthodontic care center, visit Amazing Smiles Orthodontist with convenient locations in Long Island, Brooklyn, and Queens, NY. Amazing Smiles honors payment plans such as payment installments, insurance, flexible spending programs, and third-party financing.